View Single Post
Old 2012-04-02, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #668
Tamas
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Polls were conducted on this.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ghlight=driver

There you go. Of course this is just a small poll and only goes for those who voted. Those that like the idea of how PS2 currently is done are HALF of those that prefer a split off controls.

The compromise crowd also contains some people that want to see that over PS2's driver/gunner. I've even seen some would even just want to see this compromise in beta to indicate its failure with respect to the PS1 system.

I will say though that from my perspective, there is a lot of ignorance involved with people who think that because something is done in another game, it can automatically work in any game. Quite typically they forget context and numerical limitations and other restrictions and power balances imposed in those other games.
To have valid statistics you'd need a random sample size of 1000 people to get even close to plausible results (I didn't make up these rules, this is standard).

You have to agree that this place is more for PS1 vets, who will mostly vote PS1 way. It does not represent what the whole community might want, only that 62 PS1 vets want it.