PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-02, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #669
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2

Originally Posted by Tamas View Post
To have valid statistics you'd need a random sample size of 1000 people to get even close to plausible results (I didn't make up these rules, this is standard).

You have to agree that this place is more for PS1 vets, who will mostly vote PS1 way. It does not represent what the whole community might want, only that 62 PS1 vets want it.
63 PS1 Vets want it... I added myself in there. I want a game focused primarily around Team work not wannabe Rambo's who where pissed off that they couldn't drive a MBT by themselves because it involved somebody else getting their kills. Having multiple seats in MBT's forced teamwork in PS1 regardless of what the bulk majority of the anti - multiple seat MBT crowd has to say. There was a vehicle for ppl who wanted a 1 seat tank. It was called the lightning.

But ppl where not happy with the lightning because it died to easy. They couldn't sit in front of a tower or a door and absorb more than 2 to 3 rockets to the face before it blew it up. Thus it was interfering with their K/D ratio. So thus, here we are with this asinine 1 seater tank that we have today.

For the record, I was hoping that the Reaver was going to be a 2 seater when we first started getting word about PS2 way back when to help cut down on the Reaver spam this time around. With a dedicated driver in control of the cannon and a gunner for missiles. Why you ask, It promotes team work and is more aligned in what you would see today. Same goes for the MBT.

./flame on

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-04-02 at 12:21 PM.