PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Outfit member Cap
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-02, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: Outfit member Cap

Dear god I hope there are no outfit caps, it would ruin PS2 for several multi gaming communities I know of that played PS1 and plan to play PS2. I know of 4-5 different guilds in Swtor that have a 2nd or 3rd alt guild because they have a member cap. They're not alt characters, just a community too big for the game (which should NEVER happen)

Making a cap is not a smart move, I'll even call it dumb

If you're worried about some kind of "Outfit spawning" or outfit base then you simply need to put a cap on THAT number, not your community roster. By forcing large groups to make alternate Outfits you're splitting communities, last time SOE did that a few countries got pissed

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
You will see it anyway if there will be significant bonuses from outfit certs (if you cant have them all)
Higby has actually addressed this. He wouldn't go into details, but he acknowledged outfits wanting to make multiple outfits to get different perks, and said they have a plan for that. To me it only seems logical to have different rosters within a single outfit. So one list only gets tank perks and another gets air perks.

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
If you don't have outfit caps, you could just have one specialized outfit per empire per role, so that players could maximize, rather than duplicate, earning those perks as an outfit.
This is very unlikely. You realize that if everyone is in the same outfit there basically is no outfit system right? Why not just let people pick a perk since that's their only reason for joining? Outfits are about more then perks. If the entire outfit specializations system was scrapped, people should still want to create/join outfits
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2012-04-02 at 08:18 PM.