PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-04, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

The galaxy already has its own turrets. It's had them since PS1. Two side guns, tail gun and a (new) top gun, all independently upgradeable. It's a landed galaxy. And having an equipment terminal on them is fine, they're infantry resupply just like an AMS was. Using the gal to switch classes seems reasonable to me and a sort of operation I would expect at a respawn point.

It's literally AMS + Galaxy. The only talk about it folding up was so it is more compact and the guns on the galaxy in flight-mode have better firing angles for when it is deployed on the ground. That makes sense to me.

Lodestar is obsolete, and they stated why in the nanite vehicles webcast - its role transferred to the Sunderer. Which makes complete sense to me. You can still get the vehicle terminal effect from an outfit-owned structure, though I doubt we'll see that at launch.

Just because a galaxy has its own turrets for built-in defense doesn't mean Engineer's turrets are unnecessary. I fully expect we'll see both engineer turrets and galaxy turrets being manned. The engineer turrets might be better, and at the very least they could be built in locations that could give them better or overlapping fire arcs vs what the Galaxy offers. Preventing the galaxy from using its turrets while deployed seems quite silly to me.

Sunderer - Command center with resupply points, weapon points and a shield dome or interlink like detection system.
That's a lot for one vehicle that also has a role of vehicle support & base-crashing troop transport. And you didn't like the galaxy having too many roles...wow.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-04-04 at 03:32 PM.