PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
SkitzoSniper
Private

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Sure you could. The Galaxy Gunship as it existed in PS1 doesn't exist in PS2 as of yet (per the nanite vehicles webcast), but as far as we know....

* Deployment into respawn point is stock for Galaxies
* Galaxies have 4 independently upgradeable guns
* Every vehicle has a defense, a performance, and a utility upgrade slot.

So yeah, you could have a Galaxy jam packed infantry with some upgraded guns and top-armor drop over an objective, then land and deploy into an anchor point with engineers deploying turrets and cover and other things nearby to be manned/repaired by those infantry while they capture that objective.

Then when the objective is captured those infantry can pack up, pile back into the galaxy and move on to the next objective.

Seems quite awesome to me. Don't know why you have issue with that.
With a vechicle that seems to be as diverse as the galaxy in PS2 will be, you should have to choose which upgrade path to go. Like do you want to have addition armor at the cost of speed? Or do you want speed at the cost of armor? Or do you want more firepower on your gal at the expense of troop capacity and vice versa or any combination of those things. I just really hope you dont have the ability to make a galgunship with an extremely large troop carrying capacity with extra armor. that just seems like it could be slightly OP.