PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-04, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

Originally Posted by SkitzoSniper View Post
With a vechicle that seems to be as diverse as the galaxy in PS2 will be, you should have to choose which upgrade path to go. Like do you want to have addition armor at the cost of speed? Or do you want speed at the cost of armor? Or do you want more firepower on your gal at the expense of troop capacity and vice versa or any combination of those things. I just really hope you dont have the ability to make a galgunship with an extremely large troop carrying capacity with extra armor. that just seems like it could be slightly OP.
Rather than paraphrase Kevmo, you can see what they said about the galaxy here:

It's at 23:00.

He seemed to indicate that they aren't going too far into the gunship side of things with the customization.

He also explained why the AMS functionality was on the Galaxy and not the Sunderer.

It's so radical I think its hard to say whether it works or not without playing it. It seems like a great design to me and I see no reason to muck with it until we get our hands on it and see what works and what doesn't work.