PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Trayvon Martin
Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #241
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Or maybe there's another reason why I might think poorly of a man who chased down an unarmed teenager and shot him to death with a pistol. Or do you suppose all the Americans who agree with my sentiment are themselves... non-American? Honestly I'm not sure why where I'm from makes any difference. Is there a place on the planet where it's a fine thing for men to go around shooting boys because they think they're suspicious?
Good God Warborn...you just keep jumping over the fact that Zimmerman was attacked by this man. I'm not going to call him a kid because he was almost 18 and almost 3 feet taller than Zimmerman.

I'm sorry you don't quite understand it, and that's okay...but in this country you have the right in some states to defend yourself from being attacked with deadly force. If someone is on top of me attacking me, like this kid supposedly was according to two witnesses and police evidence...I have the legal right to put a bullet in them.

How is this a hard concept to understand?

It's mostly the non-americans and soft liberal types that are arguing against this....and saying that it MUST be a racial profiling thing and that Zimmerman was stalking him.

When the evidence and witness testimony does not corroborate that viewpoint at all.

So at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter to anyone if you think poorly of this man. This man was legally well within his rights to use his sidearm to stop from being attacked.

Is there a place on the planet where it's a fine thing for men to go around shooting boys because they think they're suspicious?
And this is absolute unsubstantiated rubbish. You're trying to make it seem like Zimmerman was following this kid around with the express intent to shoot him, when again...the evidence doesn't support it. It's adding fuel to the fire that "Zimmerman saw a black kid and was obviously racist because he said "These assholes always get away with this" and that he might have said "Coon" on a 911 recording that was so garbled as to be laughable...so that's all the evidence we need to convict him of wrongdoing in the court of public opinion." Rubbish. Pure Rubbish with no basis in fact other than it jives with your own personal ethos and social viewpoint.

Is your entire argument to be based around innuendo and straw men?

Last edited by WildGunsTomcat; 2012-04-04 at 10:57 PM.