PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 3D spotting
Thread: 3D spotting
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-05, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: 3D spotting

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
What are you talking about? Making static markers? If so, static markers do not have to be made by clicking the minimap. There are a few options there:
1. Context sensitive 3D spot similar to Battlefield but the spot simply remains static and does not follow the spotted target if they move
2. You look at an area and hit a 3D deploy marker button, similar to how a squad leader in BF2 can issue an order to his squad, he puts his aiming sight where he wants his squad to go, hits T and mouses over to Attack Here. Which by the way is a feature PS2 needs.
You and Erendril are pointing two different things.
Erendril wanted to mess with the radar, but I see how using a 3D interface to place those markers would help out with that issue. And when I mentioned static markers I mean stuff that didn't follow the target, not something stayed there indefinitely. I should have said that spotted target markers would be static position and fade away have 2 seconds on infantry targets.

Wait, I did say that. Also that marked Vehicles should get a 4 second marker on them that DOES follow the vehicle before fading away. Those would be linked to the 4 second cooldown on SL's being able to 3D mark targets.