PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Vindicators met up with Matt Higby for a chat
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: The Vindicators met up with Matt Higby for a chat

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
I get the impression that your Empire just receives, passively, as it says, resources simply by owning territory. OK, fine. But how does an individual gain resources? Do you passively get a share of the resources an empire gets? Is it a reward for kills? Or?
Territories give out resources like dividends to all members of an empire. You automatically receive your resources. You do not get resources from killing, you get experience from killing.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
So VS get the TR overdrive ability? Yeah not a fan of that, as I think overdrive is what defines the TR (fire-rate & speed, which are the two key advantages of the TR). Lockdown gives fire rate, but at the cost of speed. I had imagined TR benefit was a sliding-scale between lockdown with maximum fire rate, vs overdrive which at the extreme might simply be a speed boost, with customizations to blend the two and get a balance of fire rate boost & speed.
I'm not a fan of burst mode for the following reason: It can be used by AA and AV. Aircraft come infrequently enough that the charge will always be recharged by at least one AA MAX as more aircraft in the area = more AA MAXs.. This means that aircraft will always be facing a bursted AA MAX when fighting. Also when using an AA MAX you do not hold onto your burst mode but as soon as you spot a viable target you use it.

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Wouldn't most dedicated pilots prefer to die with their vehicle than bailout, so they can pull another and get back with another aircraft?
Not when you're carrying AV weaponry. I've won dogfights to be shot down by a guy who bailed using a striker mid air. Also the "better" players carry Decis/Boomers on them so they can kill themselves if they lost so to deny exp for their deaths. Bailing itself also denies exp as when you die in an aircraft there's a multiplier applied to your death.