PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Better Stealther Gameplay
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-21, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Re: Better Stealther Gameplay

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
1. Rationale
Preemptives: Yes, I know you liked playing an infiltrator in Planetside 1. Yes, I know you got like 30 kills for every death. Yes, I know you want it to be the same as it was in the original. I am here to tell you you are wrong. Stealthers in PS1 were rarely played and when they were they were totally lame. Who started playing the game, saw invisibility suits, and thought: "Oh, sweet, I will plant automated turrets behind people and then run away as my turret kills them!" Nobody did. Everyone wanted to be a space ninja. Well guess what: This is space ninjas.
Actually that was a pretty effective freaking trick. A cloaker took out all the spawners at an AMS as well as the AMS itself just by repeatedly planting spitfires around it. All he had to do was hack the terminal for more spitfires every once in awhile, since the spawners had no DL, nothing more then standard armor, and were under fire immediately after spawning. I know this, I spawned once at that AMS before dieing and having to choose somewhere else because an outfit member reported over TS that it had been destroyed.

I myself had little luck with boomers. I had more luck picking unlikely locations and gunning people down one by one in large fights. Few people even looked in my direction since they had more pressing issues at hand, like the MAX suit standing in front of them.

Your concepts seem to be very flawed.