PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Vehicle refunds
Thread: Vehicle refunds
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Vehicle refunds

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
It can't work this way. If a vehicle is 100% you get 100% resources back according to this. Allowing people to get a full credit back will put the whole point of resources for vehicles to being nothing. Just due to them knowing they can get the full amount back and not being more thoughtful as to what to pull.
It would only make resources meaningless if the vehicle never gets destroyed. I'm fairly confident that an extremely healthy majority of vehicles will end their lives as rubble in the battlefield, and obviously these would NOT be refunded.

Has to be less then 50% in order to make people just want to pull another vehicle instead of their current one instead due to the resource loss
Can you rephrase that? I don't quite catch your meaning.

At any rate, I really don't see a reason that you wouldn't get a full refund. If the game had an actual functioning economy, you could sell it to someone, and there is no logical reason the empire wouldn't take back the vehicle. Or heck, logically you'd be able to park it somewhere for later use, like you could stash weapons in a locker in PS1. Sure there could be a 'garage', but selling it back for 100% accomplishes the exact same thing.

Condition would also be meaningless, since repairs won't take resources. It would just add the time wasting step of having to repair the vehicle first before selling it back.