View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Planetside 2 Punisher Concept

Originally Posted by Lokster View Post
Also ... the ejection port is on the left side -- where the shooter's face would be (90% of the time). Still with some tweaks, this is a great concept.
You are correct! This is basically a single perspective concept. When both sides are very similar, I simply put everything on one side in the concept just so all the aspects can be seen. The ejection port would be on the right side in the final design.

As far as the barrel and grip are concerned I'm happy with how they look. The barrel is small on purpose and reflects the design of the original weapon. The grip is basically a P90 grip made into a pistol style to fit the original Planetside Punisher. I understand that most of it doesn't seem mechanically sound, but when I think of it the original Punisher didn't either lol. I just tried to bring the weapon to a modern look while keeping the design as much as possible.

Originally Posted by Pozidriv View Post
Then again, im not really warming up to the concept :/. I guess it's because in my eyes it looks like an anemic FN F2000.
That's because I based it on the FN F2000 to ground it somewhat in modern design. Good eye!

Last edited by Saieno; 2012-04-23 at 12:59 PM.