PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Squad Remote Artillery Vehicles
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-28, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Squad Remote Artillery Vehicles

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Would we beable to agree on a short range artillery (200-500metres or lower if people think its over powered) vehicle that needs to be driven to where you want then lock it down and someone has to be inside it for it to operate then it takes a long time to reload and has a slow projectile so you have time to dodge it if warned about it?
Here are my thoughts:
1. At least 500m range, prefer 750, maybe 1km depending. Long enough range to set up strategically, not long enough to hide in your own base and shell the whole continent. Short enough that you must be out in the open in order to attack. This would not preclude the use of artillery defensively, however, by setting up in your base(and remember it will be short enough you can't reach enemy bases from your own base), but since attackers don't sit still, and I would propose that the artillery cannot hit anything closer than 150m, this should not be a problem.
2. 5m blast radius, not 30m like the flail
3. Must deploy to fire, takes at least 10 seconds to undeploy(so you can't escape from being C4ed if someone comes after you)
4. Can be fired with laser designation for accurate fire(and thus, the guy lasing is at risk directly), and can be fired without designation but if it is, there would be a 10-30 meter random shot deviation. Since the blast radius would only be 5 meters, this means you cannot simply memorize setup locations and elevation to fire at for specific spots.
5. Slow travel time

And there we are, perfectly balanced.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-04-28 at 10:41 PM.