PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Magrider Main Cannon...
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-28, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: Magrider Main Cannon...

Originally Posted by Shlomoshun View Post
From the design it's clear that it's going to be just like PS1, which was quite easy to use and worked great...
Worked great?

You never drove a Magrider it seems.

As a Mag driver myself, who talked with the whole crew of other awesome mag drivers (like myself), let me tell you this: The Driver cannon was the whorst that could happen to the Mag. It was simply shit.
Not because it did as much damage as throwing rocks, but because it took your focus away from driving. Trying to use this thing to do damage was the best way to kill yourself. In fact, every single Mag guide, and every single good mag driver, said the same: The Magrider does not have a gun for the driver. Its just a flashlight, nothing else. Do not attempt to use it, because all it will do is reveal your position. It wont kill a thing, it wont do any good, it just makes you die faster. Instead of using it, focus on driving, and let your gunner take care of the kills. This way you stay alive much longer.

Now, heres the thing: Poor NC and TR wont have our luck. Us Mag guys are used to our gun, and we know how to use it. NC and TR? They are screw completly. Not just that they have the massive issue of a rotating turrent, no, they even have no training in using it. Those things will be coffins, nothing else.

I can only hope for them that they get the abiliy to let a dedicated gunner take those guns, so the drivers can focus on driving. Otherwise the game will be rather one sided.
And if they get the option to let a gunner hop in, then you will easily see the good guy, and the bad guys. The good guys are those that drive around while both their guns fire at you. The bad guys are those who drive into trees, rotate their main gun forward to see whats going on, drive back, rotate their man gun again to find you again (and start shooting again), drive into another tree, and blow up. And while those guys are stuck in trees, i will laugh in my Mag.