PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Magrider Main Cannon...
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-29, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Re: Magrider Main Cannon...

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Yeah, well I apologize in advance for shedding no tears over it. I mean, your tank floats. Pros and Cons Bro.
Yes, because in all of the footage and pics that have been released so far, we've seen tons of water everywhere for the Mag to take advantage of.

Oh wait. No we haven't.

Originally Posted by RawketLawnchair View Post
Pretty much. NC tanks are slow, with treads... but are powerful.
Hovertanks have much more maneuverability.
Seems fair to me in comparison.
As others have said, it might work out to be fair if:
  • It can rotate in place as fast as the other MBT's can rotate their turret, and
  • it has the same top speed when strafing left/right and going in reverse as it does moving forward, and
  • the game's Physics allow the Mag to conserve its momentum so it can keep moving in one direction while it rotates to deal with threats to either side or behind it, and
  • the Mag's acceleration is fast enough to allow it to change directions as fast as a treaded MBT. Preferrably faster since it's supposed to be the most maneuverable MBT.

If all of the above conditions aren't met, then the Mag will be at a big disadvantage when attempting to engage opponents from any direction but right in front of it. And the larger the battle, the greater the frequency of having opponents attacking you from the flanks or from behind.

Maneuverability won't mean shit if you can't turn to deal with flanking or rear attackers as quickly as a turreted tank can.

Last edited by Erendil; 2012-04-29 at 02:32 AM.