PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lightning
Thread: Lightning
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-29, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Re: Lightning

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
I'm still curious as to actual speeds tho. A lightning wasnt really that much faster than a magrider in ps1. a measly 10kph/6mph. Even a marauder/enforcer were only 15kph/9mph faster than the mag. Thats just a cosmetic difference, such a negligable speed difference means nothing in combat. So hopefully MBT's get slowed down compared to ps1 so there is massively more difference between them and faster vehicles without having to make the faster ones obscenely fast to achieve that.

Honestly its hard to think of cool things to do with them without actual speeds, if the difference is meaningful this time it could be some substantially different gameplay and very interesting. If its like ps1 where its mostly cosmetic, then they will be boring, far less effective, and add very little to variety.
I am hoping te lighting is almost as fast as the sunderer in the GDC vid. That would be awesome ,or maybe an optional sidegrade to have a very high speed engine with lighter armor or wepons as a tradeoff,kind of use the lightning in that role as a fast scout vehicle. I wonder what kind of air a lightning will be able to get over small hills.