PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Anyones beleive thats we can have Ps2 release with all 3 continents this years ?
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-04, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Anyones beleive thats we can have Ps2 release with all 3 continents this years ?

I think later this year maybe. We have already seen a WIP for the entirety of Indar, with several locations having been shown in detail.

Also, while we know that each continent will have a variety of biomes, I suspect that the more grassy, foresty screenshots we have seen are on a separate continent entirely, so to me, that suggests that they are already well on their way with 2 continents.

Considering that a lot of work has to go into a continent before they even show us the tiniest glimpses of them, I'm guessing that they have already gotten well on their way with the early stages of the third continent, my guess being a mostly snowy continent to round out the 3 major styles of continent from the first game.

So throwing out a random guess, I think the three continents may look something like this as far as progress:

Indar - 70% complete
Forest Continent - 40% complete
Snow Continent - 15% complete

There are always snags that can slow progress down and delay deadlines, but right now it seems plausible to me that they could have 3 done by the end of the year. Remember how short Planetside 2 has currently been in development and how far Indar has come. I doubt they are working on one continent exclusively at a time, they are probably working on all 3 simultaneously, at different stages of development.

My guess would be that beta starts with only Indar available, with the others added as quickly as possible.