PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Crash Landing
Thread: Gameplay: Crash Landing
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-10, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Zekeen
Major

Re: Crash Landing

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
I like this idea from an animation standpoint. It would be cool to watch aircraft get "shot down" and fall from the sky to explode upon impacting the ground.

I don't like this if it really effects gameplay in any way other than allowing the pilot a chance to eject while the aircraft is going down.

Allowing aircraft that get shot down to be repaired or salvaged in any way is cool, but I feel like it undermines the "kill" of the player who took you out. I'd like the game to be kept more simple when it comes to the idea of kills. Adding tons of dynamic elements to kills is cool and realistic but I feel like a more simple, 0 health and your dead model suites the nature of a competitive game much better. I don't want to have to hunt down fallen aircraft to get the kill, shoot downed soldiers who are crawling away. That stuff is all well and good and actually cool but I'd like to focus more on the battle and less on details and really in depth kill mechanics. I just feel like having to wonder, is he dead? did I destroy him? and other things like that take you out of the action.
Obviously there would be mid air explosions, but sometimes you don't take so much damage at once and can crash land. Also it would be so when you crash, you take damage, hit at the wrong angle, or get too damaged before landing and you'll blow to bits.