PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Crash Landing
Thread: Gameplay: Crash Landing
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 05:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hypevosa
Sergeant

Re: Crash Landing

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
If AA keep shooting the you will probably die after 1-2 seconds of them still shooting you but they might stop shooting after you get disabled because they think "Good, 1 less aircraft flying around, now to shoot the other 5" They won't waste time getting the tiny amount of xp of killing you if it means that those other aircraft escape unharmed or kill more friendlies.
Exactly how it should work, though I'd think the time it would take to explode if they keep shooting you should be closer to 5 seconds. I've no idea what the health and damage on the vehicles is to give good numbers. Either way, the idea would be to make it a matter of efficiency (taking down as many aircraft as possible) or greed (getting all the exp you can by blowing up aircraft as well).

The crash landing also leaves a possibility for engineers to try and fix damage and get birds flying again, assuming ground forces or other aircraft haven't already reached your crash site and mopped you up. I'd expect fixing an actually downed bird to be much slower than just fixing a damaged but still operational vehicle.