PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Please do not record death counts.
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Re: Please do not record death counts.

I disagree, and I even pull out the 1 star rating to express my disagreement. The most I'd ask for from the PS2 team is a "stat reset" feature for players who are too embarrassed about their KDR.

Some people aren't killers anyway. Medics heal and revive, engineers repair, I'm sure there will be vehicles where the pilot/driver has no guns whatsoever. Not every role in the game is about killing.

Kill to Death Ratio isn't even what I care about. Tasks and / or assists per death means more to me. If I repair 5 tanks that kill 20 people, I've assisted the battle greatly. If I hack an important doorway in the middle of a firefight, that's an important task completed. There should be more to the ratio that represents total player success than merely kills. However, deaths matter in this because there is also a factor of preparedness and situational awareness that goes into playing. Going for cover to fire back at infantry instead of completing the repair task, not rushing headfirst into a covered doorway to try to save someone, these are decisions that a player must make to stay alive while completing various tasks.

Plus I want a heatmap of all player deaths across each continent, in order to see who gets pwnt more in what areas. I suppose that could be a separate function than tracking individual deaths.