PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Please do not record death counts.
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Re: Please do not record death counts.

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Maybe score per kill or score per minute are more important indications of player skill, since i will probably focus on being a medic or light assault so i will be assisting more than i will be killing, maybe make K/D ratio a non-important statistic (that is hidden unless you go to the planetside website and search that player and look hard enough to find it), i would rather judge people's skill on their score per minute or number of revies a minute or something like that, because i know that person is a good player and isn't here 'just for the kills'.
All the stuff you mentioned is exactly how it will be. You will have to go to the website to see that info likely. Or at least you will have to go looking for it. Also, number of heals, score per minute, all that stuff I'm sure will be tracked. Where on the screen these things are located is irrelevant. If you judge people's skill on Score per minute then do so.

I agree score per minute is a better judge of skill but that's assuming scoring is done in a way that properly rewards you for positive actions.

It's less an issue of looking at other players K/D I think and more about how seeing your own personal K/D will motivate you to approach the game.
We must appease then E-peens of the masses for planetside 2 to be the huge game it needs to be.