PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Obama Gambles On Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-12, 03:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Obama Gambles On Gay Marriage

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
The thing is, everyone has the exact same rights on this issue already. Any man can marry any woman and visa versa. I'm all for universal marriage, I just don't like it when Gay Tony says he has less rights than Straight Jack... because in actuality, he doesn't.
"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich and the poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

The right they want is not to get married. The right they want is to get married to the person of their choice.

Anyone who is against gay marriage, please answer this: What, specifically, is the problem? What are you worried would happen if it were legalized?

I'm truly baffled. People were up in arms about it here in Iowa. 3 years later, and... Literally nothing has changed. A few people are happier, and a few people are pissed that those people can be happy. We haven't been smote by god, the queers aren't running around fucking people in the ass willy nilly.. Its had zero effect on the day to day life of the citizens, nor on the day to day operations of the government. None whatsoever. Despite the complete non issue its turned out to be, I'm sure it will be an heated topic of debate for the next state election cycle. So please tell me what your specific issues with it are. I'm genuinely curious what effects it could have that are so deleterious that it must be banned.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-05-12 at 03:08 AM.