PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A Wee Balance Scenario: AA vs Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-14, 03:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Re: A Wee Balance Scenario: AA vs Aircraft

Originally Posted by Pyreal View Post
Buy certs with resources? Source please. I thought certs and side-grades were bought with xp, or set to train like EVE.
Sorry it was a bit late. Not sidegrades exactly in narrow sense of that word but you'll be able to unlock new stuff/equipment (rifles, pistols and everything else - I believe these were unlocked with certs for weapons even though they were bought in bundles in PS1) permanently for use with same resources used for buying consumables like grenades, medkits and all vehicles for that matter if I understood correctly. Assuming that prices will follow common sense buying tanks or aircrafts should strain your budget more and thus postpone the rate at which you'll be able to acquire new personal weapons what is a fair tradeoff imo. Investing more in that areas and having baseline consumption higher (I'm sure that equipping rifles you once unlock won't cost anything yet buying tanks you bought permit/certed for will drain your resource everytime you call one in) and that shuld will leave with much narrower combat spectrum when forced out of vehicle of your choice than someone who is playing as dedicated infantry. If you add to that the fact they will almost certainly have their personal arms skills much lower than people playing infantry that will be quite enough.

Source: FPS guru interview I posted on page 3.