PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Aircraft Ground-Support Mods (smokescreen, ammo drop, ect)
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-16, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
DaPope
Private

Re: Aircraft Ground-Support Mods (smokescreen, ammo drop, ect)

Smoke Screen Mod -
My concern with this is that inexperience people or those wanting to @$$hat would simply drop this on their own people. You see this happen in almost any game that has smoke as an option. To me in most cases it is more of a headache that a tactical option.

Ammo Drop Mod -
I think this is a nice idea. In the same way infantry may want to take a support role this allows people with that same mindset to take a role using aircraft. You put your effort into equipping support instead of weapons. This can help out the resupply lines of advancing troops or to reenforce defenders who are in a difficult position. I think this could also extend to rearming/repairing vehicles as well.

Loadout Station Drop Mod -
The idea is neat but I think that it would be very limited in actual uses. To me rallying at a starting point makes more sense. It also requires you to work as a team and to be able to work with the forces you have in the field.

Light Vehicle Drop Mod
-
Best idea of the group. This is certainly something that would be used often and effectively. It could be used to get a recon unit out of danger fast, allow a scouting team to have additional firepower, or to turn a small unit on foot into a flanking unit if the battle turns.

Defense Deployment Mod -
This is also a good idea, it helps to keep the front line moving in an advance or in defense you can put down roadblocks to allow your team to reenforce and prepare for the assualt.