PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Thrustpad [Jump Pad] Poll
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-17, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Jump Pad Poll

From a gameplay perspective, I like them a lot. They are a great idea for getting people around these new gigantic bases. As has already been mentioned in several places, they are a lot like the ziplines from the caves in PS1, but they are a lot more elegant.

From an aesthetic point of view, I don't really like them too much. A little bit too much of an Unreal Tournament kind of arcade shooter style IMO.

I think if they did something to make them slightly less arcade like, such as putting an activation button that you have to press to actually catapult yourself with them, it would probably help a lot.

Maybe change their visual slightly as well, such as enclosing them so that they are slightly more like a covered archway, like a little acceleration tube that grabs you and thrusts you forward from all around you.

The aesthetic side certainly can be tweaked, but I definitely think it will be a good contribution to base fights as far as gameplay goes. So on that note, I vote yes.

Not so much "as seen" from a visual perspective, but more "as seen" from a gameplay perspective.