PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Fast Travel Poll (Thrustpad Poll v.2.0)
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-20, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: Fast Travel Poll (Thrustpad Poll v.2.0)

For exactly that point I support ideas of FT lines not working between points controlled by opposite factions and being able to disrupt them even between friendly points by blowing up generators at one of the points in question. FT per se does not cause issues like that rather the way it is implemented.

So to keep a steady stream of reinforcements from one part of the base to another attackers and defenders would have to keep both points under control and generators in both areas operational. I personally think that the side that manages to meet these conditions should be rewarded by being able to FT from these points back and forth.

Defenders would start with having all FT lines functional and would have to fight to keep them that way while attackers would have to capture at least 2 points with gens intact to be able to take over single FT line. I find that reasonable. Anyway I don't advocate too many of these lines 4 to max 8 around the perimeter of the base would be more than enough imo.
This.
Thanks for saving me some typing.

The downside of that approach is that turrets are useless after the first MBT turns up outside your base. With a repair facility the defenders would get more use out of the turrets.
Nice to see someone other than the devs know the turret versus MBT engagements before its been shown in a video, spoken about in an interview or seen in beta. For the uninitiated, this was sarcasm.

Last edited by IMMentat; 2012-05-20 at 12:22 PM.