PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-21, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #327
Mechzz
Major

Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
P.S.: Wait a second, nowhere does it ever say anything about actually capturing the base, the only thing TB gets is a "base defended", so we kinda still don't know crap about the actual proper procedure for a basecap.

I for one did not see any kind of counter going anywhere, but I could've missed it and can't check atm.

So yeah, I'll hold judgement till I have a proper grasp on what the fuck we exactly have to do to cap a base, start to finish.
I know it's base defence, not base capture (that's why it says "base defended" above), but I don't see why the mechanics would be different for the two? Also, there was a long discussion a few weeks back about base capture mechanics. This was the first time any of us have seen it in action.

The counters are the horizontal bars for each empire in the bottom left of the screen. Or did you mean a "counter-attack"? The NC hack one of the control points back to blue within seconds of the "Base defended" signal. And by the time TB leaves the base about 7-8 mins later, it still hadn't been recapped. The counter going back to zero was something I hadn't considered earlier, and I believe was not considered in the earlier discussions of capture mechanics. (Malorn, where are you when we need you!)

*chill filter on*
And yes, I know this is fapping over alpha. Does anyone have a better suggestion on what to discuss on the main planetside 2 discussion site? There may have been a couple of other discussions of alpha-related gameplay going on over the last couple of days. At least I didn't make a poll about it
*chill filter off*

Edit: link to one of the earlier discussions:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...pture+mechanic

Last edited by Mechzz; 2012-05-21 at 02:31 AM.