Thread: Squads
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-22, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Squads

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Just curious, how often did Galaxy drops fail completely and within a few minutes so badly that it had to be done over? For the purposes of this question I am assuming the Galaxy wing doesn't get intercepted and makes it to the base.

I suppose the opposite question is also - how often did bases get defended with enough people to make this happen?

The purpose of those questions is; the initial invasion method could be such a small part of a mission.
Quite often, although it partly depends on your definition of fail.

I can remember doing a double gal drop on a heavily defended AMP Station (with CC on the roof). All we wanted to do was get into the CC and stay there and defend until the rest of the TR arrived like the 7th Cavalry ... it succeeded and we went expelled, despite maxrushes to try to dislodge us.

I can also recall doing a gal drops on a Tech Plant (with CC on the roof too) intending to do the same as the above and we would get in, get the hack on but then be slaughtered and the hack taken off. - I count these as sucesses too as even though we were killed the battle was advanced and a stalemate broken.

On the other hand there were many times when the gal drop was just slaughter - mostly that's what I see happen in the game today.

**Edit - in both the instances above the TR would already be attacking the base but being beaten back by the defenders. If the TR hadn't been there to rapidly reinforce then they would have been abject failures.
The gal is there, I suppose to create a temporary and local superiority.

Last edited by ringring; 2012-05-22 at 02:34 PM.