PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Hotdropping
Thread: Hotdropping
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-22, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Skepsiis
Corporal

Re: Hotdropping

Ive seen the so called bailure issue mentioned a few times but quite frankly i never percieved it as a problem. At least not at the gameplay level.

It WAS faster to coordinate a group of mozies than a gal and could be versatile but i always felt like it was balanced by the limitation of armor, and therefore range and/or amount of equipment you could take with you. A galaxy drop allowed you to bring rexo armor and max units and had the added impact of dropping a squad together. Plus it was a cool thing to behold.

What i do agree with however is that using aircav from ps1 purely for transport to a drop point was a little odd and sort of against the spirit of what the galaxy was meant to be for.

I dont have a problem with people wanting to do this and i think it is completely the wrong attitute to take to effectively try and remove this playstyle by not allowing aircav to drop without taking damage or whatever other proposed solutions people have. I think the right approach would be to heavily incentavise the use of galaxies for the purpose of hotdropping troops onto targets so that it becomes the prefered and more effective option.