PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-23, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #356
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

Originally Posted by Athanasios View Post
It is not unbased why BF3 is called "Call of Battlefield 3"; EA just wanted a share of COD cake, and put many cod elements in bf (disclaimer: i loved cod4 - not the rest of course -, so, i'm not against cod), turning it more to a cod than bf.
BF3 is still a hell of a lot closer to BF in general than CoD.

And there was no CoD after 4, cause you can't really call the same game released like 4 times with miniscule differences a new game.

The main issues is the removal of Commander and the removal of Squad Leaders. The MOST important is the Commander.
See, that's actually something I can agree with, the commander-part, but you still have squadleaders in BF3, granted so special gadgets though.

Other stuff such as hp regen, TDM maps, useless CommoRose and Minimap also add to the downhill of BF franchise; but the core gameplay, aka TEAMplay, was butchered by the removal of the Commander and the SLs.
Saying that added content (TDM) is bad is kinda grasping at straws, noone is forced to play it.
Minimap as useless is a first for me.
And teamplay being "butchered", because of removed commander, is really pushing it.

2142 on the other side had everything polished; Commander functions, Squad Leader importance (with extra gadgets available only for him), tactical maps, the legendary TITAN mode that was a whole new object-oriented mode, classes done correctly... and if it wasn't overpriced (cause we're talking for a polished BF2), it would dominate up to date.
Polished isn't the first word for me that comes to mind when thinking of BF2142.

Shit, I still remember when early on whenever the Titan moved that you couldn't even do anything on it anymore, because it would just fuck up.

Edit:

Originally Posted by Algo View Post
2142 wasn't just overpriced, it ran like shit in the first weeks in Titan mode and it killed itself. I don't even know if that ever improved, you can guess why.

Also i clearly remember spamming grenades out of portable ammo boxes in BF2 for laughs but i might be misremembering.
I remember grenadelaunchers being pretty much the only weapon being use near the end.

Last edited by captainkapautz; 2012-05-23 at 12:35 PM.