PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-25, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
InjectedSenses
PlanetSide 2
Sound Designer

Re: PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
Thank you for posting sir! Like most of the people here I've been enjoying the vehicle sounds quite a bit.

One thing has come into my mind though regarding sounds and I'm actually really glad this thread came into existence because otherwise I probably wouldn't have mentioned it. I'm thinking about the delay between the explosion and when we will hear it. Even just short distances there can be significant time delay between seeing the fireball and hearing it. I don't think I've ever seen it done in a game before and would love to hear thoughts on if it's feasible or not.
That can be a tricky thing. We do have a "pre-delay" built in so the ability is there. However, as Rodney mentioned, we are using x-fading to achieve a close/distant relationship. The initial test that we did ran into some audible issues in doing this (hearing a close explo and the delayed explo). As we tune up our system it is something I would definitely like to have in but only if it works correctly.

www.twitter.com/injectedsenses
www.facebook.com/injectedsensesproductions