PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - THE Beer Thread
Thread: THE Beer Thread
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-25, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Atlas
Private

Re: THE Beer Thread

My first post on PSU may aswell be about Beer i suppose...

I'll forgive you all for no one posting about this company in this thread, seeing as you mostly seem to be across the pond from me .

http://www.brewdog.com/

Almost all the beers these chaps do are fantastic , my personal favourites are 'Alice Porter', 'Punk IPA', 'Hardcore IPA', '5am Saint', 'Challenger', 'Tokyo*' and the older 'Dogma'.

All their beers i've tried have some serious character and flavour to them, a couple have been relatively samey, but for the most part they're all incredibly unique. You've got tastes ranging from Chocolate, Red Fruits and burnt sugar (in Alice Porter) to things like Pineapple, Grapefruit, Mango, Kiwi, Lime, Honey, and finally 'Toffee-Crisp crunch' as they describe it in a video (this all in Punk IPA)...Some of their beers even go down well with alot of my lady-friends who tend not to drink beer, 5am Saint and Punk IPA in particular result in a response along the lines of "Oh wow!".

The strengths of their beers range from 1.1%, called Nanny State, to 55%, called The End of History, you can no longer get any of this though, however Tactical Nuclear Penguin and Sink The Bismark! are 32% and 41% respectively, and both are pretty awesome stuff...

They're still a very small brewery but have a HUGE reputation in the UK and on beer-blogs, so they currently struggle to meet the demand for their beer, making it hard to acquire outside of the UK. So your best bet for buying it, is to just buy it from their online shop...I think they ship abroad, but it'll probably be quite an expensive postage.

Although drinking these beers has kinda ruined alot of the more generic, more accessible beers in pubs'n'clubs haha

EDIT: "Delivery to European countries is £25 for up to 24 bottles.
Delivery to the rest of the world is £60 for up to 24 bottles."

Yeah...£60 for delivery, then beer price on top of that for the US...Damn...

Last edited by Atlas; 2012-05-25 at 07:57 PM.