PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What should I know?
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-28, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: What should I know?

1: Join a good outfit.

2: Find what you like to do and do it.

3: Fall in love.

Seriously, that's all you need to know. The outfit/clan should supply the veterans who will teach you little tricks over time and give you some guidance. Outside of the game however, the outfit will also become your friends and family and will take the game from being pretty good to being addictive. They'll listen to and be a part of your war stories. Quick warning though, make sure it's a good outfit, there will be quite a few bad ones, but don't let that stop you from trying.

The game is large enough that it can take some time to find what you enjoy doing. You may find that you enjoy doing several totally different roles before you're done trying things out. I personally started as a grunt but found that I had much more fun as a cloaker and sniper before moving into leadership. But through trying everything out I got even better at my favorite roles by knowing my enemies. So try a bunch of things! And remember, it's not which role you play it's how you play that role. As a driver you can transport people with your bus or you run them over, the only limit is your creativity and the most base rules of the game.

If 1 and 2 fall into place, you will never be able to truly enjoy another game again as they will seem ephemeral by comparison.