PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "Endboss vs competitive combat"
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-28, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Re: "Endboss vs competitive combat"

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
Figment's point is more general that, I believe!

I believe he is saying "beware putting individual strong units in a game where most players have a low level of organisation and are playing in relatively weak, low-crew configurations"

That warning applies to PS2 as much as it did to PS1, and they failed to "get it" in PS1. So a warning is warranted.

There's a thread going on just now where people are moaning that it will be too hard to take hexes outside of the zerg, so "just popping over to cap the 10 hexes the enemy is harvesting resources for their mega death machine" may be easier said than done.

If we have to put AA on every vehicle we have, then we will get pwned by AV-wielding grunts and tanks on the enemy side. And that is Figment's point when it boils down to it - single overly powerful units can seriously destabilise the game.

SOE need to be very careful on this.

The mission system can work out your first point. Or whatever changes we see at beta will.

If you hate vehicles with a lower team work ratio to power ratio show them who is boss by having a balance of AA, AI, and AV in your outfit and wreck shit up.

And for all we know the GG will have long reload times, little ammo, and less heath than a normal Galaxy.

I see the GG currently really one step above the Lib. I can see 20 of those with a 2 man crew having a very low team to power ratio.

Last edited by JPalmer; 2012-05-28 at 11:23 AM.