PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Types of cover
Thread: Types of cover
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-29, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: Types of cover

In terms of combat/movement pace, I like it so far. Planetside is a warzone not a quake 3 arena map so a less frantic run-speed is preferable.
Sprinting should be fast, low, prevent jumping and short lived (cover to cover not marathon running).

I want all types of cover.

I want WW2 style entrenchments and bunkers protecting some small rural outposts and base killzones (complete with firing steps/ramps to allow some folks to take cover while others shoot).
I want towers with parapets, arrow/gun slots and murder holes (to drop grenades through) topping important avenues of approach.
I want courtyards with debris, boxes and barricades placed to help and hinder combatants.
I want gangways and bridges to shoot from and defend while meters above the battlefield.
I want walls and tunnels with embedded firing slots to allow overlapping fields of fire.
I want buildings with windows and multiple entrances to encourage co-ordinated teamplay.

I want a playworld where most of the effective defensive structures of the ages can be seen and used for their original purpose (To make being killed while holding a patch of land a lot harder to acomplish).

And I want the planes, explosives, jetpacks and deployables (cover, smokescreens, close range mortars?) to make assulting these fortreses thrilling.

What I don't want is a cover system, the terrain should be good enough to protect without the ability or need to shoot around corners.

Last edited by IMMentat; 2012-05-29 at 02:37 PM.