PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - aircraft control
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-29, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
meiam
Corporal

Re: aircraft control

I think joystick are better than mouse and keyboard, but there reputation is exaggerated because of how awful aircraft control sometime are, think of it like if the aircraft would only roll/pitch while you were moving joystick rather than in the direction you were moving it, that's how bad the control can be for MK. Also joystick cost money and take precious desk space, maybe if I really fall in love with the game and the air craft control are that awful.

Also are the air craft all helicopter? I was under the impression they were more like harrier, vertical take off, then switch to jet like control. Like if you want to move forward, I don't think you have to angle the craft. But o matter how maneuverable they are, dogfighting while having to take a pause every sec to re center the mouse would be frustrating.

I'd also talk about controller support for the air craft, but that usually kick the community into frenzy, so I won't.

In the end I think the most important is lot's and lots of customization option, so that every possible control scheme can exist