PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If Planetside 2 is succesfull who is gonna steal is thunder?
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-02, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
DrifterBG
Private

Re: If Planetside 2 is succesfull who is gonna steal is thunder?

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Star I will tell you why. Microsoft a few years ago did a study on the FPS space. Their determination was that FPS should be console oriented. It's just too simplistic gameplay to offer long term value add. My suggestion to SOE is hold off releasing this game until PS4 is released.
Did Microsoft base their study off COD/BF3 with mostly infantry and small vehicle warfare? Or did they base it off something that arguably resembles real military warfare on a grand scale with vehicles, infantry, aircraft and a battlefield that stretches for hundreds of their pathetically small maps?

I, for one, HATE HATE HATE FPSes on consoles. I want to aim with my mouse, and not a joystick. If I want to aim my weapon, I don't want to have to counter aim because I went too far, or anything.

That, and I have little faith in Microsoft... their games usually suck unless it's on console, and even then they just distribute it... so I feel some bias coming from them.

Just because the $@%!ed up a halo port to the computer, doesn't mean there's no money in it... it just means they suck at it and are trying to cover their tracks.

I will also raise you the fact that people are still playing Planetside after A DECADE, which is 10 years, even without graphical upgrades or 'revolutionary' gameplay additions/changes in 5 years. No money in it? I laugh in their general direction, and in your general direction to a lesser extent for putting value in their 'findings'.

Last edited by DrifterBG; 2012-06-02 at 10:58 AM.