PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Potential For Selling Pay To Win
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #202
bullet
First Sergeant

Re: Potential For Selling Pay To Win

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
The microtransaction game is this: you make your gaming experience enjoyable to start with, but as people progress, unless they pay you, their experience slowly deteriorates into a mindnumbing experience where its next to impossible to get anything done without paying extra for it. That is where they want to go, and that is where it has been stated they want to go for a long time now. It isn't a matter of being reasonable, its a matter of, 'How terrible of an experience will people tolerate before they quit or pay up?'

That is the problem, because that is where gaming stagnates and becomes unsustainable.
So does constantly unlocking stuff = fun to you or is it the fact that you're playing a game with thousands of people? And if we're talking about unlocking stuff, the more certs you have doesnt directly = more wtfpwn.

-Assumption incoming since we have no real data to back this up- <-- Let me bold/underline this for people

You can only utilize X amount of certs at a time due to weapon specific, class specific, vehicle specific certs/mods. You can't tote around dual MCGs with reduced recoil, increased RoF, increased damage, while blasting kids from your tank that has increased armor, increased speed, and increased damage.

I can't imagine they throw you in there only to unlock 2-3 certs then crank that dial up on the required exp to get certs. I would think that they let you get to about mid rank and a decent amount of certs to spend. You can then use those certs gained to specialize into a certain field of play that you enjoy or maybe you can try a little bit of everything, but if their plan of allowing you to unlock all certs is implemented, then there definitely needs to be a steep exp curve on something like that. Edit in: And some people would like to not spend as much time, or have the time, to unlock these things hence the xp booster. But its not as if they are mind numbingly rolling their face on the keyboard to farm those boars or mine that ore. They are actively playing competively with and against other people while having fun.

Last edited by bullet; 2012-06-05 at 06:43 AM.