PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Splash Damage still borked?
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Razicator
First Sergeant

Re: Splash Damage still borked?

Originally Posted by Virulence View Post
I felt like visible explosion radii were exaggerated compared to actual explosion radii, really.
Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
I was just wondering if anyone had noticed splash damage being a bit schizophrenic at times. For example with the dual burster max he must have put only 10-15 shells into one mossie for it to go down but a bit later on he sprayed a hovering mossie with a good 30-40 and it seemed relatively unfazed. It also looked like the liberator was completely unaffected by some flak going off near it.

At another point a magrider opened fire on a TR MAX and must have landed about 8-9 shells around it. Maybe with one direct hit, the MAX seemed totally fine and just buggered off, It was completely inside the explosion effect so I was just thinking maybe the AoE is borked because for a trooper to take 8 tank shells landing within a metre radius of him is a bit...strange.
I feel like Virulence is on the right track here explaining that. In the liberator clips, the explosion and smoke covered practically a whole corner of the base. I can't imagine one shell from a lib doing aoe damage that wide suggested by the graphics. Perhaps the shaking camera limit is much wider than the actual explosion radius, making it seem like a player was right next to an explosion when really it was a bit farther away.