PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Splash Damage still borked?
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Re: Splash Damage still borked?

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
I was just wondering if anyone had noticed splash damage being a bit schizophrenic at times. For example with the dual burster max he must have put only 10-15 shells into one mossie for it to go down but a bit later on he sprayed a hovering mossie with a good 30-40 and it seemed relatively unfazed. It also looked like the liberator was completely unaffected by some flak going off near it.

At another point a magrider opened fire on a TR MAX and must have landed about 8-9 shells around it. Maybe with one direct hit, the MAX seemed totally fine and just buggered off, It was completely inside the explosion effect so I was just thinking maybe the AoE is borked because for a trooper to take 8 tank shells landing within a metre radius of him is a bit...strange.
I think the whole trailer was specifically designed so that few, if anyone, died or anything was destroyed. It was something that stuck in my head how damn near every bullet missed and most explosions occurred around or near the target but rarely directly on target.

In short I think it was a carefully choreographed movie rather then a series of actual battles. If something was destroyed it was meant to be destroyed. I also noticed little to no vehicle battle damage so it's very likely that damage in general was temporarily turned off for the making of that movie.

I also agree with Haro completely, Raz's response was 100% uncalled for. Particularly the part about explosions not being needed. This is a massive game and explosions are effective ways of eliminating large numbers of infantry rapidly. Stop thinking of it as a selfish FPS player and start thinking about it with an unbiased mind. You're gonna die, get over it now.

If the devs decide to implement nuclear bombs, so be it. I doubt they will since they probably want to keep some source of revenue going. But I'd play a game based in a nuclear war.

Last edited by Blackwolf; 2012-06-05 at 10:57 PM.