PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - De-evolution of Planetside?!
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-08, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Kalbuth
First Sergeant

Re: De-evolution of Planetside?!

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Someone get me a facepalm Picture to edit into later!

WHat have you seen of Planetside 2 at E3? The same as i saw? Because i saw a good shooter with 2000 players on a map. What we make out of it is completly up to us.
Of course you havent seen the tactical gameplay that we used to have in PS, but thats simply because those guys who played at E3 are dorks that dont have a clue. How could they, most of them never played planetside, and they played planetside 2 for like 30 minutes.

Planetside wasnt amazing because of its shooter elements. Planetside was amazing because we made it amazing!
I beg to differ a lil bit. PS1 was also awesome because the saving ANT run was a thrilling moment when running through ennemy lines, the gen hold against big opposition was stressfull, and was denying ennemy tanks, etc...

Which existed because the NTU mecanism was in place, the generator system was in place, all that which is not setup by the players, but the game itself.

And I've not seen such objective not necesserily centered on the base capture, but all that was setup around the actual capture, and was a side objective helping the global one.
Perhaps there will be, we can only hope so, but I've yet to see that. It's not stupid to bring up the point