PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Needs Prone
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-10, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #578
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

I see the continued use of the camping argument but now, people are beginning to get specific, and talk about people sitting in the control point rooms.

This, I think, gets us to the heart of the matter. The real questions are:
1. What are you all trying to accomplish here? Prevent people from defending control points? Is that what it's all about, cripple defenders so that bases are easy to take, and the battles artificially speed up and rage back and forth all over a continent?
2. When not having prone fails to stop people from assuming prepared defensive positions in control point rooms, what will you people be suggesting to add or remove next? Pain fields that keep defenders from sitting inside control point rooms they own?

If you folks want gameplay to speed up, why don't you try some positive reinforcement instead of negative removal of player capabilities? For example, asking SOE to make it so that multiple attackers hacking a capture point will make it go down a bit faster, which will encourage more people to get their bodies inside that room? This is just an idea, it might make capturing TOO fast, but hey, it's an idea that doesn't directly restrict players, but instead empowers them.