PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Continent Ideas
Thread: Continent Ideas
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rexdezi
Sergeant

Re: Continent Ideas

Originally Posted by The Degenatron View Post
I like the miles and miles of urban city, but I think an entire continent would be too much. Perhaps 2 or 3 massively urban areas on a continent connected by major highways. Perhaps with smaller towns in between. And then the land could have different terrain types in between.
I hadn't thought of highways but I do like that idea very much... maybe some of the highways have been destroyed and fallen down or something... very cool idea

Originally Posted by The Degenatron
Btw, thanks for starting a tread like this, I had already been thinking the same thing.
You're very welcome

Originally Posted by The Degenatron
My Idea:

In the center of a continent, a large old-growth forest with massive towering trees the reach a hundred and fifty feet in the air. The trees would be tightly packed together making it impossible (or at least extremely difficult) for large vehicles or planes to penetrate it. However there would be space between the bases of the trees for infantry and the Flash to go. The ground would be uneven and hilly, with ridges and gullies, and would be cover with thick vegitation.

In the center of this forest would be a Biolab. Three large roads would lead to the base from differnt sides. Out in the deep trees would be the sub-stations to be captured that would grant control to the surrounding forest. The deep forest would be cloaked in shadows all day low and would be nearly pitch black at night with only small spots in the canopy open to the sky.

Bonus: Elevated walk-ways made from wood (ala Ewok villiage style)

The forest would tapper off in all directions and give way to low brambles of trees and scrub land. The land would slope down to the ocean where the fawna would be more tropical.
Maybe make it so that there is just enough space for very skilled pilots to fly through... and it sounds like Vanu will be king here with their amazing maneuverability. But yeah, love the idea