PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PS2 confirmed to only have servers in one area of USA
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: PS2 confirmed to only have servers in one area of USA

Originally Posted by Notturno View Post
Everyone speculating that the servers will be located where SOE is, San Diego, is basing this on nothing of any substance. While I'm not an expert on the subject, I do know that most of the United States' internet piping goes through Dallas and Chicago. Physical distance has less to do with it than the actual pipe laid; having the servers in a hub like Dallas or Chicago ultimately makes the most sense. Players on both the east and west coasts will easily ping under ~150ms with your average broadband internet connection.

It's very likely this is what they are looking at. SOE probably employs several individuals who are experts on this subject, and we have a bunch of people in this thread with limited knowledge on the subject claiming doom and gloom. Chill out, there's absolutely zero reason to have any sort of panic over this before anything is even announced.
This is what I am hoping for as best case scenario, but since it's SOE I'm going to assume Cali until we get official word.