PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted]
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-13, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Re: Clans invited to play beta early!

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
who are these people? id feel better if it was Evilpig that got in now...
I might be able to shed a little light on that... This is taken from an interview by Higby posted today:

[a]list: Can you talk about any tactics you’ll be using to use your existing fan base to recruit players once the game is in beta or about to launch?

Matt Higby: One of the really cool things that we’re doing from a community standpoint is what we call the first platoon program. We’re taking community leaders that have their own guilds, that have their own clans. These are all FPS gamers that are really influential in the genre, including things like YouTube casters. Those sorts of folks that have really wide reach among actual gamers. We’re bringing those guys in first to be able to give us direct feedback on forums that we’ll be monitoring really closely and talking directly to those guys. We think that’s going to pay a lot of dividends as they get their communities involved in our game and pull in their own groups of players from Counterstrike and from Team Fortress, all of these different FPS games that exist out there that have really tightknit communities. We’re trying to gather as much attention as we can from the leaders of those communities right from the start.

So they're not necessarily hardcore PS players, but community leaders from other prominent games. Btw to the guy talking about 'serious' EU clans - there are many. In fact unless I'm mistaken Snipefrag lives in England.