PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Headphone has gone mono, anyone know a fix?
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-20, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Headphone has gone mono, anyone know a fix?

The right earpiece in the current headset I own no longer plays sound. I have had this problem with literally every headset I've ever owned. Eventually after enough time they just give out.

It's my understanding that a lot of headsets have faulty wiring and that after time they eventually shit out on you. In the past, I've found a fix by contorting the wire in a strange way and then taping the wire down. That would somehow power the right earpiece again. This time however, it's not the case. I can sometimes get a little bit of sound when I wiggle the wire, but it's no definite fix.

Unfortunately right now, money is a little tight and I was hoping someone could offer a fix if they have experience with this sort of thing. I'm not really tech savvy enough to the point where I think I could open the headset up and do some soldering (a suggestion I've seen for some broken headsets).

Here is the headset in question in case it helps any: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Plantron...dset&cp=5&lp=3

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON