PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How the heck did SOE achieve such faction loyalty?
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-23, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Re: How the heck did SOE achieve such faction loyalty?

Originally Posted by Vamoozi View Post
As i haven't played the first planetside, I really don't understand how people that played it became so much loyal, defensive, biased (not telling this is a bad thing) To their faction.

I mean, I like NC the most, but see the other two factions have their appeal aswell, but some PS1 vet sees it diffrently, he sees his faction as a godlike empire, and the other two factions worms barely worth living.

how

HOW?

I mean, I played WoW and SWTOR and I didnt give a single damn wich faction I'm on at the moment, but i feel I will become like the PS1 vets overtime, biased to my faction.
They just exploited something that is hardwired in our brains and transmitted by our genes... people are tribal, they tend to divide and choose sides... and dislike those who aren't on their side. It's the basic survival mechanism in situation of overpopulation or lack of resources and thus is important part of our very nature.

I haven't played those games but I presume they have guild based loyalties that's why switching a side is not a big problem if your guild switches. In PS people are organized in Outfits to be more effective but their loyalty lies in their Empire's colors since you don't fight for your guild but for your Empire unlike in other games where only your guild members are rewarded for your success in doing something.

Also unlike those games they haven't made a distinct classical black/white (good/bad) faction division.

Last edited by Immigrant; 2012-06-23 at 05:16 PM.