PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Station Fee for Outfit Creation
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-26, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
Nemeses
Staff Sergeant

Re: Station Fee for Outfit Creation

Originally Posted by Dogbolta View Post
This "standard fee" for creating outfits etc in F2P models, what other models apart from DCUO use it? How much $ are they?
And what future F2P models are going to do the same?
Is GW2?

If you use the premium model from DCUO then someone has to commit to the $15 p/m.
Thats great that a number of people here are gungho to do that, you probably have established outfits already.

Not a great enticement for someone to start from scratch imo.And that could be the plan for all we know.
I wonder how many small guilds/clans/outfits are represented in the "First Platoon"? Which quite possibly discuss this even if they haven't ever played PS1.
Is the agenda to eventually force everyone into one of half a dozen outfits so eventually they can organise massive outfit vs outfit battles or something.

Outfits are an important part of the game, joke outfits come and go. Doesnt take too long to work out who to listen to and who to ignore.
And the zergfits are on many ignore lists as well eventually.
Size of the outfit doesn't mean you aren't a joke to some.

A lot of people cant stand running with large outfits where you get to know about 5% of the member base.
A number of people I expect/hope will want to bring friends, new players, to the game and create smaller outfits.
This should be encouraged, it brings more numbers to the game.
We want new outfits formed from the smaller Battlefield and other FPS clans etc, we need the numbers to support the game.

I'm against having to pay a premium monthly fee for part of what the core of this game is about. I wouldn't worry about the so called jokefits in the game, they'll come and go every day regardless.
If jokefits are your biggest concern in the game and you think making them pay will limit them...you're dreaming.
Anyway there will probably be enough haxs going around to take your mind off those few jokefits.

A one off small fee as part of the cash shop and part of that includes your own outfit logo and you have at least 10 members good to go, no problems.
I'd even like to see the option available via credits raised in game for those that think they want to take the next step and lead their own outfit after playing for a while and earning soe credits.

Make your cash on selling the zebra skins, tuxedo's, monocles and mag wheels for your Bang Bus but please leave outfit creation out of it.

imo.
If you need extra enticement then forming a guild may very well not be the Best thing for you, its something you either want to do or don't, and if you are serious about doing it and doing it right the $15 a month should not and would not be a barrier.

Forming a outfit is not a core part of the game, in no way not being in a outfit prevents you from playing, its seems more like anything you fancy doing is a core part, SOE need to raise money, asking people to sub if they want to form a Outfit is not unreasonable expecting everything to be handed to you free is unreasonable.