PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Station Fee for Outfit Creation
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-26, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Dagron
Captain

Re: Station Fee for Outfit Creation

Originally Posted by Nemeses View Post
Green Part: If you need extra enticement then forming a guild may very well not be the Best thing for you, its something you either want to do or don't, and if you are serious about doing it and doing it right the $15 a month should not and would not be a barrier.
I don't think he meant people needed enticement, but that it would be a barrier against creating outfits... the exact opposite of enticement.

Also, i have a problem with that "if you are serious about doing it" way of thinking. Not everyone is going to make a hardcore outfit, casuals want their outfits too and paying a monthly fee is a very anti-casual device.
I'm not saying casuals should be the only concern (as some of the more dramatic people sometimes point out around these forums), i'm saying there is a half-way where people's needs should meet at.

That's the reason why i said i'm ok with a small fee for creating the outfit and then charging some more to make it bigger... having to pay any ammount would greatly reduce the number of annoying pointless outfits, it being cheap wouldn't prevent casuals to do their "family" outfits, and serious outfits would pay little by little as they grew instead of paying a fixed ammount every month.

That way has an up side for everyone: the company makes some money, less people make pointless outfits that reduce the number of people joining big outfits, and casuals still get to make their own band of brothers without feeling they should take it too seriously to make their money be worth it.

Originally Posted by Nemeses View Post
Purple part: Forming a outfit is not a core part of the game, in no way not being in a outfit prevents you from playing, its seems more like anything you fancy doing is a core part, SOE need to raise money, asking people to sub if they want to form a Outfit is not unreasonable expecting everything to be handed to you free is unreasonable.[/COLOR]
I agree that expecting everything to be free is unreasonable, but forcing people into the subscription mode is a little too discouraging, even for something that's not a core part of the game (clans may not be core but they're still pretty big in any type of MP game, but that's another discussion).

Anyway, my point is: they should keep in mind the reason for making a F2P game with microtransactions in the first place - "pay as much as you want as fast as you can". Getting a little money from a lot of people is better than getting a lot of money from very few people.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-26 at 07:18 PM. Reason: formatting, spelling, etc