Thread: What a travisty
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-01, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
n2q0_matrix
Contributor
Corporal

Re: What a travisty

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post

Apologies for the laughter but this £ € $ can make a report say anything you want. People get paid lots of money to spout off "smart" sounding bullshit. We are fucking baking in NYC, but you know they still debating whether the ozone layer is fucked up. Humans are idiots.
Well then, if analysis is insufficient for you, lets just look at history.

When the government takes over a sector of industry, when has it gotten better? Let's use cars.

The near free market gives you....well let's be honest there is tons of regulation in this area that is not cost effective and creates pollution. Yes, regulation makes pollution legal whereas enforcing property rights would not.

So yeah, we have Ford, Mercedes, BWM, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, Porsche, etc....

Government Made: Trabant
http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...658030,00.html

Government Healthcare: Veteran's Affairs
There are several members of my family that have served and been mangled by war. You should see how awesome the government run VA is. And we are all about to get it soon enough.

Government Retirement: Social Security.
It is bankrupt and a ponzi scheme. I will never see a dime of what I pay into this.

Government Housing: The Projects ring a bell?
The housing bubble that burst in recent years. Trace back the cause, you have the government intervention into that market at the heart of the issue.

Space: NASA has done some amazing things. Why is it that SpaceX and Scaled Composites are doing it so well and so inexpensively? Why is NASA so bloated and not able to do the same things with such a huge budget and a 50 year head start? In fact, NASA's previous position was that only governments had any business being in space, not citizens or the private sector.

Shoot, the government is even outsourcing military now. Look at all of those private contractors in the conflict zones.

What does the government do that is better than what a free market can do?

Almost left out currency. Yes, they have fucked that up to.

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
TROLOL
You can't argue that point I am guessing. Gotta roll with the TROLOLOL?